Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where have I gone wrong?

Here's your chance to help improve one of my books. Princeton University Press is publishing a new edition of Cold War Civil Rights in spring 2011. Besides writing a new preface and perhaps an afterword (discussing the implications of the book for the post-9/11 era), this is my chance to correct mistakes. No matter how hard you try to get everything right, books always have little errors in them. If you've noticed anything, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know. Best to email me.

If you object to my arguments -- the book is not a fully revised edition, and besides I have so many thousands of documents to back up the mss. -- so that's not the sort of "error" I can accommodate right now. But if I have typos in citations, dates, etc., this is your chance to help me get everything right.

(No need to tell me about the USIS/USIA problem....Long story about how that error crept in at the last minute. I had to resign myself to the fact that every book has mistakes.)

Many thanks!